Man Dies In Pain After Eating A Wall Gecko For A Bet

Spread this story

A man has died in a very horrible way after he ate a wall gecko at a party.

David Dowell, 34, had been dared to eat the gecko by his pals, and he did.

The “happy-go-lucky” father died 10 days after eating a gecko from severe symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting.

The dare happened during a Christmas party at a home of one of his pals.

The man eat the small lizard after a dare

He was taken to the hospital where he was diagnosed with the salmonella, a food-borne bacteria which typically causes patients to suffer through days of diarrhea, stomach cramps and fever.

His lungs also started to fill with fluid and fluid leaked from his stomach, Brisbane Times says.

“The doctor said That the gecko could have been it’,” Hannah said.

David ate the gecko at a Christmas gathering

His grief-stricken family today described him as a loving dad and the “life of the party”.

“I don’t think there was anyone who met him who didn’t love the person he was,” said Allira Bricknell, his distraught partner.

Allira, from Brisbane, Australia, called David the “best dad”.

He is described as the best dad

“I want to remember the happy times.

“I am really concerned about our three children, I want to protect them.

“It was just a big shock and it still is a big shock.”

Allira, who had dated David since she was 18 after meeting on a beach, continued: “We don’t know 100 per cent how he passed but on the actual death certificate, it did say ingestion of a gecko so I’m assuming it was that.

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Leave a Reply